PLOT
“UB” is an alternative historical scenario utilizing the legends, myths, inklings of history, our imagination, and our exposure to other settings of alternative reality regarding Britannia of the 5th century. Here you will find that we alter, expand, or rewrite some of the stories already told throughout history, and course our own desires and pleasures about Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, the Sarmatian Knights, the people, and those that oppose our characters in the “Untold Stories” through roleplaying and creative writing as according to our own imaginations.

The current timeframe is 466 A.D., Just after the victory at Mons Badonicus, also known as Badon Hill; Arthur is the Garrison Commander of Knights of the Round Table and Camelot, while Merlin is the People's Shaman of Britannia, and Guinevere, his liaison, lives in Camelot.

Rules & Guidelines
Here are the rules and guidelines to get you started in "UB". You may also find additional information in the "FAQ"

Application
Use one of our two applications, or choose your own, as long as it contains the same information...

Available UB Characters
UB has many moving parts and characters ready to come alive. This is a list of Pre-made characters and NPCs available to become active; so take a look and choose one as yours.

Face Claim
A photo or drawing that gives a physical identity to a character. Said person can be anyone, but is typically an actor or animated character.

UB Chat'n
UB Chat'n is a chatroom in Slack, available for fluid conversation, sharing pictures, or talking about general subjects.

Welcome to "Unto Britannia"

Add Reply
poll

FAQs
UBadmin
 Posted: Oct 26 2016, 03:40 PM
Administrator
playerfiles
"Let every man, woman, child bear witness that from this day all Britons will be united in one common cause. And as for the men and women who gave their lives, their deaths were cause for neither mourning nor sadness. For they will live forever, their names and deeds handed down from father to son, mother to daughter, in the legends of Arthur and his Knights."

UBadmin

This is compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions in the event someone is confused about one thing or another. If you do not see your question here feel free to PM an admin. If enough people ask the same question it will be added to this list.

Q: Does my face claim have to be period correct?
A: Preferably! If your play-by is a celebrity that has never appeared in a period film or drawing that is perfectly okay! Please use an image that is clothed appropriately (e.g no swimsuits etc)

Q: Do I have to use a real person for my play-by?
A: No. Art is acceptable, as long as it looks periodic.

Q: Can I take a character from a Book, Movie, TV show, Music Video or some other already publish medium and just use the same details here but just change the name?
A: Yes. Although that is called plagiarism, we do use canon information to some extent.

Q: What member group should I pick for my character?
A: That's up to you! If your character could fall into two or more categories, simply pick the one you think suits them the best! The current list of Member Groups is found HERE Be sure to read it before adding one to your application.

Q: Is there a word count?
A: No. Although we do request that no one liners be used. A general rule of thumb is a few lines for reflection, a few lines for responding to the post before and a few lines of new content. Some players like to write long posts and others much shorter ones. Just give the person you are writing with some content to reply upon.

Q: I am not satisfied with my username, or it is incorrect, and I want to change it. How do I do that?
A: You can apply for a name change through the settings area of your account; or simply notify an admin and they can make the change for you! But remember, we are busy and wish to write as well.

Q: Should I register with an OOC account?
A: Posilutely! (j/k : Absolutely +positively) This will be the account the admins and other players will use to contact you. Jcink allows you to link sub-accounts to the OOC account; just link it to your OOC account under my Controls. The OOC account is not the account to register your character app. A new account needs to be made for each character you wish to bring into the game.

Q: Who should I notify about site glitches or mis-information?
A: Send a PM to UBAdmin! I will correct the glitches or misinformation as quickly as I can. Although we admins cannot provide support to Internet Explorer issues, you may need to find out where the site works best… on Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.

Q: I’ve been having some issues with another player. How do I handle it?
A: Let a staff member know immediately. Be sure to tell us what the problem is so we can handle it appropriately.

Q: Can I jump into any posted thread?
A: If a thread is posted as ‘OPEN’, you may add your character to it. If a thread is closed, you must ask the players involved.

Q: I want to write a thread that goes beyond the 222 rating. Where should I put it?
A: Just contact an admin and apply for the password to the protected MATURE CONTENT forum, stating the kind of thread you are intending to post there.

Q: Why are my accounts Inactive and my character/s archived?
A: You have not posted for 30 days or more without positing a notice in the ABSENCE and LoA forum in the OOC Section; or minimally PMing an Admin of your absence. We do this to prevent broken or abandoned plots and threads. No one likes to be left hanging !!

Q: Can I get my accounts and character/s reinstated?
A: Yes in some cases. Please refer to the Rules and Guidelines.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
poll